Sunday, October 7, 2007

What Should I Read Next


After teaching reading for a couple years now, I have learned that one of the biggest factors in literacy development with new readers is the importance of them reading something they are interested in. Too many times I see a kid torturing themselves reading an outdated old beat up book for their daily 20 minute reading response homework.

So a big part of my reading class is exposing kids to good books through my daily read a loud and getting them access to good cheap popular books - Scholastic Book Club. When ever I share a book like Holes I tell them about how they can go to Amazon and look up the author and the book and see the links that say people who liked this book also bought... link. Well I this new website makes this whole process much easier to find other books similar to one that you have enjoyed.

Check out http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

No comments: